Indonesian Mooncake. Since I live in Indonesia, I make this fusion mooncake: the skin is chewy like Indonesian dessert "kue tok" and the filling is like chinese mooncakes. The moon is at its roundest and brightest, symbolizing harvest time and reunion in Chinese culture. Families get together by eating dinner, enjoying full moon, and eating mooncakes together.
Mix glutinous rice flour with salt. Add hot water and stir using spoon until crumble. Knead by hand until clay like dough formed. You can have Indonesian Mooncake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Mooncake
- Prepare 150 grams of Glutinous Rice Flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It's 60 ml of Hot Water.
- It's 60 ml of Coconut Cream.
- You need 15 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Food Coloring and Flavoring.
- It's 1 of Red Bean or Lotus Paste.
Download this stock image: Indonesian mooncake of Sin Hap Hoat brand. This prominent establishment returns with its "Mulia Mooncakes" this season. In Indonesia, there are several main types of mooncakes, [quantify] from the traditional to the modern mooncakes. The very traditional mooncake has been there ever since the Chinese and Japanese entered Indonesia, they are circular like a moon, white and thinner than regular mooncake.
Indonesian Mooncake step by step
- Prepare your steamer. Make sure the water is boiling. Put kitchen cloth on the steamer before close the lid so the steam-water will not drop on the mooncakes..
- Mix glutinous rice flour with salt..
- Add hot water and stir using spoon until crumble.
- Add sugar and coconut cream. Knead by hand until clay like dough formed..
- Divide and knead in food coloring and flavoring..
- Depends on your mooncake mold, weight your skin and filling 1:1. For example mine is 50gr. So 25gr skin dough and 25gr filling paste..
- Shape the paste filling into balls. Wrap the skin around the filling. Dust with glutinous rice flour and mold it..
- Place on the oiled cupcake liner and steam for 8 to 10 minutes..
- Enjoy your mooncake after chill down in the same day..
During the Mid-Autumn Festival, my mom, dad, sister and I would sit in our backyard admiring the moon. We would drink tea, crack and eat sunflower seeds and eat mooncake. Like turkey is to Thanksgiving, eating mooncake is the quintessential tradition of celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival. Snow skin mooncake 冰皮月饼 has become a favorite dessert served during the Mid-Autumn festival. The texture, ingredients, and methods of cooking are entirely different from the traditional mooncake.