Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce. The Peanut Sauce in my Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls recipe would also go great with Chicken Satay I am convinced that Indonesian peanuts are different to Australian peanuts. Because every single time I have tried the traditional recipe, the ground peanuts come out kind of "gritty", like desiccated coconut. Seasoned chicken thighs cook up quickly on a grill pan (or outdoor grill) and are served with a sweet and salty Indonesian peanut sauce.
Fry until the peanuts are golden brown and the garlic is toasted, but not burned. Place in either a food processor or mortar and pestle. This Easy Homemade Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce is so simple to make - just combine the marinade ingredients in a fridge-safe container, place the chicken pieces in the marinade, and let sit for a few hours in the fridge. You can have Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken breast Fillet thinly Sliced,cubed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It's 4 cloves of Garlic.
- It's 1 of Canadian Shallot.
- It's 3 of candle nuts.
- You need 5 tbsp of peanut butter(I use craft).
- It's to taste of kecap manis(sweet soy sauce).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It's 2 tbsp of oil.
- It's as needed of skewers.
Boneless chicken meat is marinated in a soy sauce mixture, cooked on the grill, and served with a delicious peanut sauce. Satay (/ ˈ s ɑː t eɪ / SAH-tay, in USA also / ˈ s æ t eɪ / SA-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. Satay may consist of diced or sliced chicken, goat, mutton, beef, pork, fish, other meats, or tofu; bamboo skewers are often used, while rustic style of preparations employ skewers from the. To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl.
Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce step by step
- Pour Lime juice and salt into the chicken,put aside..
- Mince Garlic,shallot and candle nut through food processor..
- Make the sauce : Heat 2tbsp oil then add the minced garlic,minced shallot and minced candle nut. Add peanut butter,water and kecap manis. Let the sauce come to boil. Try to taste. let the sauce cool down..
- Pour a half of sauce into the chicken and leave it for minimum 30minutes or just leave it overnight in fridge..
- Put the seasoned chicken through the skewers then bake them in the oven at 400°F for about 10minutes. Take them out of the oven and flip the skewers then put them back into the oven for about 10more minutes. And it's done! enjoy the satay! ♥️😘.
This sweet, spicy and tangy Indonesian peanut sauce is great with everything from warm noodles to shrimp to beef or chicken satay. Slideshow: More Southeast Asian Recipes In a large skillet, heat. To prepare the chicken, trim the thighs of excess fat and use a sharp knife to score. Sate ayam Madura is probably what comes to most people's mind when sate/satay is mentioned. Indonesia has a lot of sate/satay varieties, but this is the default when no other additional information is supplied.