Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 5 small of Butternut Squash seeded, peeled, chopped.
- It's 1 large of yellow onion sliced into half moons thinly.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds crushed.
- It's 1 tsp of rosemary crushed with coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground sage.
- You need 1 of sea salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of or less heavy cream.
Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. The only downside of cooking with butternut squash is that it takes kinda forever.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Peel seed and chop squash.
- Slice onion and crush the coriander and rosemary.
- Put butter and onion into pot and saute.
- Add seasonings.
- Add squash and stock.
- Cook until squash is very very soft. Turn off heat.
- I use a food mill but a blender works just as well. Laddle into blender only half and whizz until nicely creamy..
- Finish blending all mixture and pour back into pot. Check salt and pepper adding if needed..
- Set soup to simmer. When simmering, turn off heat and slowly drizzle in the cream. I only used 1/8th a cup of cream use as much as you would like..
- Stir cream in and serve. We put chopped cooked bacon and a little cheddar. Enjoy!.
But once you take a bite of the sweet squash you remember why it's SO worth it. Roasting it before you make the soup is. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter. Our easy recipes include scrumptious vegetarian and healthy options. Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect vegetarian fall soup with apples that's healthy and creamy and easy for weeknights or your holiday meal!