Rice Cooker Indonesian Yellow Rice. This yellow rice or Indonesian calls 'Nasi Kuning' usually only serves for festive occasion and shaped into a cone with different sidedish. But since I live in Slovenia, I don't wait for special day to make it. Eventhough takes time for me to cook different side dishes.
This is my video recipe on how to cook this most amazing rice dish. And it's rice cooker friendly too. Indonesian yellow rice called Nasi Kuning is a delicious staple food. You can have Rice Cooker Indonesian Yellow Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice Cooker Indonesian Yellow Rice
- Prepare 2 cup of uncooked Jasmine rice.
- Prepare 25 ml of turmeric water (from 5 cm fresh turmeric, grilled, grated, mixed with 25 ml water, strained).
- It's 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 2 cups of ml instant coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass, take the white part only, pounded.
- It's 2 of Indonesin bay leaves.
- You need 1 of pandan leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
Nasi is what they call rice in Indonesia, it is served with every meal and everything served with it is considered an accompaniment. They enjoy rice made all different ways but this cone shaped rice is to represent the mountains and clearly the focal point of the tumpeng. Great recipe for Rice Cooker Indonesian Yellow Rice. Indonesian yellow rice is one of my daughter's favorite since she was little.
Rice Cooker Indonesian Yellow Rice instructions
- Soak rice with water, turmeric water, and turmeric powder for an hour..
- Add coconut milk, pandan leaf, lemongrass, Indonesian bay leaves, and salt..
- Push the cooking button on the rice cooker..
- When cooking button is up, open the rice cooker lid and stir the rice well. Place the lid back and let the rice stay in the rice cooker for a while until it’s completely cooked..
- Serve with your favorite dish! Enjoy! 😋 (In my picture I served my yellow rice with coriander fried chicken, egg potato balado, and simple fried rice noodles. Recipes are coming up.).
The smell of pandan leaf, lemongrass, and bay leaves make this dish so flavorful. IG @jenscookingdiary Rice Cooker Indonesian Yellow Rice guidelines. Soak rice with water, turmeric water, and turmeric powder for an hour. Add coconut milk, pandan leaf, lemongrass, Indonesian bay leaves, and salt. Push the cooking button on the rice cooker.