Cheesy pilchard and potato pie. Mackerel and Potato Pie under Cheesy ToppingUkrainian Recipes. Pilchards and mash. potatoes, Pilchards, onion, green peper, grated cheese. Cheesy Pilchard and Potato Pie. for the pastry, self raising flour, teaspoon salt, margarine (chilled), eggs, for the filling, Pilchard, baked beans.
Add potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. Shepherd's Pie: (Begin preparing while potatoes are boiling). Add butter and oil to a large skillet on medium heat. You can cook Cheesy pilchard and potato pie using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy pilchard and potato pie
- You need of Pastry:.
- It's 4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 250 g of margarine.
- It's 1 cup of cold water.
- It's 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- Prepare 400 g of pilchards.
- Prepare 400g of baked beans.
- You need 1 cube of beef stock.
- It's 1 tsp of rajah curry powder.
- You need Half of onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1/4 of each of robot peppers, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It's 1 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of potato, diced.
This pie is made like an extra-large pasty, so you don't need a special dish or ring from BBC Good Food. Drain the potatoes well and put them through a ricer into a large bowl (this will give you smooth, lump-free mash but you can use a standard potato masher if you prefer). Add the onion, cheese, some salt and a good pinch of white pepper. Beat with a wooden spoon so the cheese is well incorporated.
Cheesy pilchard and potato pie step by step
- In a bowl pour flour and margarine use hands to mix then until forms the bread crumbs.
- Add eggs mix then cold water mix well until the dough is formed pour in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 20min.
- In a pan tenderise onion and garlic then add peppers and potato.
- While on a side drizzling fish add baked beans and bring into the potato pan and simmer for 3 mins.
- Dust the board with flour roll the dough cut into round shapes and fill then using a spoon as you desire.
- Using beaten eggs brush all round and close use fork to decorate and brush again with eggs.
- Bake at 180'c for 20 mins or until golden brown.
Cheesy Potato Pie is a very popular recipe. Mash the boiled potatoes with milk, and half quantity of both cheese and butter. Oozy, cheesy, carby and utterly delicious. Leave to cool, remove from the cake tin, then slice into wedges and serve with salad. A wonderful combination of potatoes, cream cheese, and buttermilk makes this garlic and herb mashed potato pie a delicious side dish to any meal.