Stacy's Vegetable Gratin. This Cheesy Root Vegetable Gratin recipe might be one of my absolute favorites for fall and winter. It's a great variation from the typical potato gratin. I know it's a lot of peeling and slicing.
They are so satisfying and simple to make, and they might be one of the most perfect dishes for entertaining—easy to assemble ahead of time and adaptable to any season. Assemble layers of veggies and bubbly cheese a day ahead to save on Turkey Day prep. Fall's harvest brings with it plenty of fresh, seasonal vegetables that find their way. You can cook Stacy's Vegetable Gratin using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stacy's Vegetable Gratin
- You need 1 of Eggplant, chopped.
- You need 1 of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Zucchini, chopped.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of Tomatoes (grape or cherry), chopped.
- It's 1/2 bunch of Basil, fresh & chopped (a little).
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of EVOO.
- Prepare 1 of White Pepper (To taste).
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh Mozzarella, shredded or sliced.
If you've ever had a craving for a dish with turnips, rutabagas, celery root, potatoes, and parsnips all-in-one, this cheesy and creamy vegetable gratin recipe is just what you're after. vegetable au gratin is a famous French delicacy that is can be had as a side dish or a main course dish vegetable au gratin is a traditional continental delicacy served with warm and crisp breads. Toss vegetables in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Arrange ⅓ of vegetables in dish and Uncover, top with breadcrumb mixture, and bake until gratin is bubbling and breadcrumbs are brown. This green vegetable gratin recipe features traditional Cantal cheese and vegetables and is a versatile side dish that fits in well with many menus.
Stacy's Vegetable Gratin instructions
- Clean and wash the vegetables well. Cut the zucchini, eggplant (put in separate bowl) and tomatoes into small pieces..
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle a little kosher salt over the eggplant and leave for a while so it takes out all of the bitterness..
- Peel the garlic and finely chop..
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggplant and zucchini, frying well, letting it brown..
- Add the tomatoes and basil, garlic. Season up and stir well..
- Rub a baking dish with butter (or margarine) (or single ramekins) and place the vegetables inside..
- Cover all veggies with with mozzarella and put in preheated 350°F oven for about 20 minutes..
- Remove the gratin from the oven and serve at the table..
- NOTE: This vegetable gratin is a good complement for steaks or grilled fish. But in a larger proportion is ideal for single-dish main entree if you double the ingredients..
Vegetable gratin is such a lovely, versatile dish. A tian is a type of gratin, typically vegetables baked in an earthenware dish. (The word "tian" also refers to the earthenware dish itself.) This dish is a great way to incorporate vegetables into your diet and get a serving of nutrients, including fiber, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. You can serve this in mini gratin dishes for a individual. Download Vegetable gratin stock videos at the best footage agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock videos, footages and clips at reasonable prices. Stewed Vegetable Gratin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.