Low fat Shahi Paneer. Shahi paneer is a rich, aromatic & delicious tasting dish made with paneer, onions, yogurt, spices & nuts. Serve shahi paneer with rice or naan. Shahi paneer recipe - Delicious, rich & creamy restaurant style shahi paneer.
Shahi Paneer is a very festive main dish that is creamy and rich in flavor. It is usually a special occasion dish. Shahi paneer can be served with any Add paneer and cover the pan. You can have Low fat Shahi Paneer using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low fat Shahi Paneer
- You need 200 gms of paneer cut into cubes.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes medium.
- Prepare 1 of onion medium.
- You need 2 tbsps of ginger paste.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies small.
- You need 1/2 cup of makhane (lotus seeds).
- You need 1 tbsp of cashewnut broken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk cashews to soak makhane and.
- You need 3 - 4 pods of Star Anise cinnamon cardamom whole spices- , stick, green.
- It's 1 tsp of jeera.
- It's 1/2 tsp of chilly red powder (to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kasuri methi (dried methi powder).
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It's of Water (as needed).
- Prepare 2 tbsps of ghee (can reduce as per your need).
Simmer for a few minutes over medium-low heat, till gravy is slightly thick in consistency. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Some Shahi Paneer recipes use tomatoes and butter. On a low to medium-low heat mix until the paste is uniform.
Low fat Shahi Paneer step by step
- Grind tomatoes, onion, ginger and green chillies into puree.
- Heat ghee in kadhai, add all whole spices, jeera, and tomato puree.
- Cook it at low flame until ghee separates.
- Add Kasuri methi.
- Remove the whole spices and if needed can puree the gravy further to make it smooth.
- Soak makhane and cashews in warm milk for 15 mins and grind into paste.
- Add in the gravy stirring it. Add salt and cook it for 10 mind at low flame stirring it frequently to avoid the gravy sticking to the bottom. Add water in order to maintain medium consistency..
- Add paneer cubes and cook for another 5 mins.
- Serve with parathas, naan or chapati.
Shahi paneer is a preparation of paneer, native to the Indian subcontinent, consisting of a thick gravy of cream, tomatoes and Indian spices. Originating with the creamy delicacies of Mughlai cuisine (hence the term "shahi", in reference to the royal title of Shahanshah in Mughal India). finally, enjoy shahi paneer with roti or garlic naan. Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes. A wide variety of shahi paneer options are available to you Originating from India's Moghul cuisine, shahi paneer is a cheese curry that is prepared with paneer cheese, onions, almond paste, and a rich, spicy tomato-cream sauce. Often referred to as the Royal paneer, traditionally, it is prepared during special occasions and festivities as a vegetarian main course.