Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits.
You can cook Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prepare of Chicken pot pie.
- It's 15 strips of chicken (diced).
- Prepare 5-6 of medium-sized potatoes (cubed).
- It's 1 of frozen bag of peas (I buy a mixed package with corn, peas, and carrots inside).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It's of Desired amount of salt.
- It's of Desired amount pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's of Buttermilk biscuits.
- You need 4 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter (for brushing).
Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. (375 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Then, in a large bowl combine your dry ingredients using a whisk..
- Add the butter into flour mixture and crumble with your fingers..
- Gradually add in the buttermilk and mix with your hands until you have formed a ball of dough. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, see step 5 for instructions on how to make your own. (I always make it from scratch for this recipe.).
- You can easily make buttermilk with whole milk and either lemon juice or white vinegar. For every 1/2 cup of milk you use, add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or white vinegar; whisk together..
- Roll our your dough, then fold in half. Roll out again, and fold once more. Then roll out the dough until it’s between 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick. (Folding the dough over builds up layers making your biscuits thicker.).
- Next, using a biscuit cutter or a glass cup, cut out your biscuits and place on a cooking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and lightly brush the tops of the biscuits using a pastry brush..
- Now, let’s make the chicken pot pie filling. First, wash and peel your potatoes. Then, cut them into small cubes and set aside..
- Next, cut the chicken strips into equal bite-sized chunks. Set aside..
- Add the minced garlic and 1/2 onion to a pan and sauté until translucent. Once it’s translucent, add the potatoes and cook on medium-low heat for 8 minutes..
- Now is a good time to preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Add the frozen veggies and cook for 4 minutes..
- Then, pour in the chicken broth and add the diced chicken. Place a lid over the pan and stir occasionally to make sure all the pieces of chicken are cooked; cook on medium heat for 8 minutes. (Pre-cooking your chicken is also an option, however I learned from experience that when you do that the chicken tends to be a lot drier.).
- Once the chicken is cooked, evenly coat everything in the pan with the flour. Stir quickly to avoid lumps. Then, add the butter and stir well..
- Pour everything into your oven safe cooking dish and put in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes..
- C’mon!! 🤤😍.