Easy To Make Chicken Pot Pie.
You can cook Easy To Make Chicken Pot Pie using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy To Make Chicken Pot Pie
- It's of roux.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need of Mix.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Chicken broth.
- It's 2 cup of Frozen Mix veg (peas, carrots, corn or what ever you like).
- It's 4 of Basil leafs chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Sage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken (buying a roasted chicken bought in a grocery store makes life easier).
- It's 1 packages of Pie crust.
Easy To Make Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Pre heat oven at 425.
- Heat Olive oil in a sauce pan ( med to med high heat) then slowly add flour till the mixture becomes a thick paste (that's the roux). Cook till it turns darker brown ( has the smell of popcorn).
- Turn the heat to med to med low and slowly add the cooled chicken broth and mix till it thickens.
- Add all the spices and mix then add the frozen mix veg and stir, turn the heat to simmer.
- In a 9in glass pie dish put one of the pie crust on the bottom, then add the chicken. Pour the mix veg gravy mix on top of chicken. Mix lightly then place the other pie crust to cover the pot pie and pinch close. Light score the top of the crust in several places for vent holes.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.