Apple Oat Muffins. A warm muffin makes a nearly perfect snack or breakfast; these apple cinnamon oat muffins also have a delicious streusel topping. Unbelievably moist apple muffins made with oatmeal and whole wheat flour. Easy and delicious Applesauce Oat Muffins.
I have been wanting to make this recipe forever. Healthy, quick, and easy to make apple oatmeal muffins recipe. Our apple muffins with streusel have a crunchy streusel topping that's to die for. You can have Apple Oat Muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Oat Muffins
- Prepare 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1 tbsp. of apple pie spice.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk, at room temperature (any kind).
- It's 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of large granny smith apple, grated.
- It's of Turbinado sugar, for optional topping.
So, what's the secret to making apple oatmeal muffins healthy and breakfast friendly? Oat muffins with cherries and granola, healthy dessert. Vegan oat muffins with dried fruits and nuts. Vegetarian apple oat muffins on dark background, top view.
Apple Oat Muffins step by step
- Use a food processor to grind up the oats into oat flour. Then pour the oat flour out into a large bowl and add the apple pie spice, baking soda and salt to it. Whisk it all together and set it aside..
- In a seperate, large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, milk, maple syrup, butter and vanilla extract until well combined..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and use a rubber spatula to fold it all together until just combined. Then fold in the shredded apple. The mix will seem quite wet. I let it sit while the oven heats..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a standard size 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease them well. Fill the tins to the top with the muffin batter. Then, sprinkle a good pinch of turbinado sugar over each one..
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, before popping them out and letting them cool on wire racks..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days and enjoy!.
- You could also finely dice the apple instead of shredding it, for a different textured muffin..
Apple is one of the flavors I associate with fall. And these muffins have a wonderful robust apple flavor and a texture reminiscent of oat muffins. Macintosh apples and a double dose of oats add a boost of nutrition to these crowd-pleasing muffins. These apple oatmeal muffins are so flavorful from the applesauce, cider, and chopped apples, full of great texture from the oats, and so soft and sweet from all those things combined. In any case, these apple muffins are good stuff.