Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 lb of butternut squash (seeded and chopped 1in. pieces).
- You need 2 of medium onions (chopped).
- It's 2 clove of fresh garlic (crushed).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of whole carrots (chopped).
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream or half and half.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon for garnish.
Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. The only downside of cooking with butternut squash is that it takes kinda forever.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Melt the butter in larger sauce pan. Add squash, onion, carrot, and garlic and cover with a lid, and cook for 15 mins stirring occasionally..
- Add nutmeg and cook covered for 5 more mins. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Cook until squash is tender. Add fhe cream and simmer for 1 min..
- Put soup mix in blender and puree. (you may need to do this twice).
But once you take a bite of the sweet squash you remember why it's SO worth it. Roasting it before you make the soup is. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter. Our easy recipes include scrumptious vegetarian and healthy options. Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect vegetarian fall soup with apples that's healthy and creamy and easy for weeknights or your holiday meal!