Classic Chicken Pot Pie. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry.
This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. To roll the pie crust rounds into a square, place the pastry on a lightly floured counter, pastry cloth or sheet of parchment paper. This classic chicken pot pie has all the goods: a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of chicken and vegetables. You can cook Classic Chicken Pot Pie using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare of Crust:.
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of ice cold water.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It's 1 pound of chicken, cubed.
- You need 3 of medium carrots, sliced thin.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, small dice.
- It's 2 cups of frozen peas.
- Prepare 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- It's 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn starch.
This is the definitive pot pie recipe: a creamy chicken stew loaded with onions, peas, mushrooms, and carrots, and baked under a rich, flaky crust. This from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie is adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. Chicken Pot Pie is a classic comfort food full of chicken, carrots, peas and celery in a delicious homemade creamy sauce (no cans!) baked in a Chicken pot pie traditionally uses carrots, celery, onions, and peas.
Classic Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven 400°F..
- Start with filling. Saute onion in olive oil until translucent. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add carrots, potatoes, and stock. Cook until potatoes are tender..
- While filling cooks, blend dry ingredients for crust. Cut in softened butter. Gently mix in water. Flour flat surface and roll out half the crust and place in 9" pie plate..
- When veggies are tender, mix corn starch into small amount of cold water or stock and add to chicken and veggies. Bring to a bubble and cook until thickened. Stir in peas and seasoning. Pour filling into crust..
- Roll out second half of the crust and top pie. Trim excess crust about 1" around pie plate, tuck and flute to seal edges. Cut a few slits as vents in top crust..
- Bake at 400° for 60 minutes or until crust is golden.
- After the family had their fill.
But you can add other veggies if you want to. Here's a few that would work well. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made from scratch, it can be really delicious and satisfying.