Blueberry Lemon Muffins. Try these delicious Lemon Blueberry Muffins with streusel crumb topping! This easy muffin recipe with Greek yogurt makes sweet, moist, bakery-style muffins. These lemon blueberry muffins are quick to make with a moist and tender center bursting with blueberries and perfectly golden brown tops.
But better late then never though. This is the best lemon-blueberry muffin recipe: sugar-crusted, lemony crumb, loaded with blueberries: what's not to love? This is a long-time family favorite recipe and always a crowd pleaser. You can have Blueberry Lemon Muffins using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- You need of Muffin Batter :.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It's 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare of Juice and Zest from 2 large lemons.
- It's 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not thaw if frozen).
- Prepare of Lemon Glaze :.
- It's 1 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice.
The most easy, soft and fluffy Blueberry Muffins flavored with fresh lemons just picked from my lemon tree! You can find all the tips to get a bakery-style. The muffins turned out so light, fluffy and flavorful that no one could tell they were healthy muffins masquerading as crazy-delicious muffins. Lemon Blueberry Muffins look and taste like something out of a fancy bakery but even better because you get to eat them warm and so fresh out of the oven.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 count standard size muffin tin or line with parchment liners and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set this aside..
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter until it's creamy. Then beat in the sugar until it's fluffy and incorporated. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and milk and mix until it is all combined..
- Add the dry to the wet and mix until just combined, do not overmix. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the blueberries..
- Pour the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For the glaze, whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle it over the muffins after they have cooled completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. Or they'll store an extra day or so if you keep them in the fridge instead..
That lemon glaze over the top is "optional. The tangy and sweet flavor of blueberry pairs well with citrus, and Lemon oil delivers that zest to this melt-in-your-mouth recipe. These easy, homemade Lemon Blueberry Muffins are incredibly tender, bursting with extra blueberries and the sweet and tangy Lemon Glaze is out of this world! Fresh lemons and blueberries, mixed with a sweet streusel topping, make for a fabulously delicious batch of homemade muffins! Traditional blueberry muffins get a twist of lemon and a sweet glaze to earn top scores from our Test Kitchens.