Lebanese cheese sambousek. Shaped and prepared like ghughras, the Spinach and Cheese Sambousek is a famous Lebanese dish that features a plain flour shell containing a succulent spinach and cheese mixture. Chef Kamal prepares Feta Cheese Crescents, a delicious Lebanese appetizer your friends and family will enjoy. This is one recipe from his cookbook.
So many recipes for Sambousek so I posted the dough recipe I liked and worked best for me after trying several and some favorite traditional fillings. No Lebanese food experience is truly complete without a sambousek or two. Sambousek provides the ideal way to get the energy and nutrients your body needs without overburdening an empty. You can have Lebanese cheese sambousek using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lebanese cheese sambousek
- It's 2 cups of flour.
- It's 1 teaspoon of dried yeast, dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water.
- You need 1 of egg, whipped.
- You need 1 of potato, boiled, peeled and mashed.
- It's 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For the Filling:.
- It's 250 g of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- It's 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
Chef Kamal prepares Feta Cheese Crescents, a delicious Lebanese appetizer your friends and family will enjoy. Cheese Sambousek- A quick, simple and healthy Ramadan meal with Slim'N Lite. Lebanese cuisine (Arabic: المطبخ اللبناني) is the culinary traditions and practices originating from Lebanon. It includes an abundance of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and seafood.
Lebanese cheese sambousek instructions
- Mix the flour, whipped egg, water, yeast and mashed potato with an electric mixer until you get a firm, smooth dough. You can add more warm water if needed. Leave the dough to rest in a warm place..
- For the filling: crumble the feta cheese with a fork and combine it with the parsley and onion in a bowl..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 cm diameter circles using a circular pastry cutter..
- Coat the border of the dough circles with a bit of egg white, and fill each circle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture then seal firmly its 4 edges to form a square that holds the cheese. The cheese should remain visible in the middle..
- Place the cheese pies on lightly greased oven pans and bake at medium heat until they turn lightly brown..
- Serve hot or cold..
These are destined to be family favourites 😋. This cheese borekas (sambousek) recipe is our grandmother's recipe, it is a real treat, buttery flaky dough filled with cheese. It is worth the time it takes to make them. Warning: they will not last long. Homemade Haloumi Cheese in an Hour Recipe.