Low fat pumpkin pie. This low-fat crunchy pumpkin pie uses only a small amount of oil in the crust and skim milk in the filling to make it heart-healthy. The crust includes ground almonds and cooking oats, which gives it a crunchy texture. The pie filling is flavorful with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
The spiced pumpkin filling creates its out "pastry" whilst it's cooking. Egg substitute and evaporated low fat milk give you a healthy option with this holiday favorite. This pumpkin pie recipe is crazy. You can have Low fat pumpkin pie using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low fat pumpkin pie
- You need 4 cup of mashed pumpkin.
- It's 1 can of nonfat sweetened condensed milk (14 oz).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of nonfat skim milk.
- Prepare 4 medium of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 2 of pie crusts (9").
View top rated Low fat pumpkin pie recipes with ratings and reviews. DIRECTIONS In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and applesauce until smooth. Pour dry mixture into pumpkin mixture and whisk until a smooth dough forms. Keywords: homemade pumpkin bread, Low Fat Pumpkin Bread, pumpkin bread from scratch, pumpkin bread recipe, pumpkin bread with real pumpkin.
Low fat pumpkin pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Prepare pie crusts. For convenience I use packaged crusts but please feel free to make from scratch if you prefer..
- Add pumpkin to a large bowl. If you use canned pumpkin use two 15 oz cans. Stir in the condensed milk and the skim milk..
- Use another bowl and lightly beat the eggs. Stir the eggs into the pie filling..
- Add the spices and the brown sugar. Stir thoroughly to mix..
- Pour filling into the crusts. Note: Filling is thicker than many other pumpkin pie recipes..
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake another 40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean..
- Cool on racks for 30 minutes before serving..
Think I might try this with lowfat granola sprinkled on top instead of the pepitas and may make it into muffins! Metric: A classic creamy pumpkin pie that is low in fat, but without sacrificing any of the rich taste and silky texture. Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Pumpkin pie is a must for Thanksgiving. This low-fat version is creamy and delicious, just like the original.