Creamy fish pie. Today I will be showing you how to make a fish pie. A cream fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare. Nothing beats a creamy fish and prawns pie!
Generous pieces of smoked fish, a rich, creamy sauce and cheesy potato topping makes this dish a firm family favourite. This Creamy Fish Pie recipe was the one I cooked up on stage in a live-cookoff at the Big Feastival a few years ago (I added some crumbled up Piper's cheese and onion crisps on top for a little twist on. Nothing beats a creamy fish pie for some hearty comfort food. You can have Creamy fish pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy fish pie
- You need 5 of potatoes peeled and cut.
- It's 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 10 of spinach leaves.
- You need 1 of Onion, finely chopped.
- It's 2 of Grated carrots.
- Prepare of Olive oil or any oil.
- You need 1 cup of thick cream.
- It's of Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It's of Fresh chopped parsley.
- It's 4 pieces of smoked haddock defrosted.
My award-winning fish pie is always on our recipe rotation at home. Our delicious fish pie recipe combines plenty of fresh fish, creamy sauce, and fluffy potatoes. Find plenty more fish recipes over at Tesco Real Food today. Creamy smoky fish under a blanket of comforting mash, and an endless number of variations.
Creamy fish pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 230 C.
- Boil potatoes into salt water, once cooked mash the potatoes and add white pepper, olive oil and a touch of nutmeg and put aside..
- Boil your eggs in a separate pot. Chop your spinach and cook for 10 min don't add water. In a separate pot fry your chopped onions and grated carrots for 5min, add your cream and remove from the stove, add the rest of your ingredients in the carrot mix, your cheese, squeeze lemon and fresh parasley mix well and set aside.
- In a baking dish add layers of your spinach, your fish, your cut boiled eggs, creamy vegetable sauce and spread mashed potatoes and baked for 25-30min..
Our fish pie recipes take you through the gamut. A Fish Pie fit for a king! Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy white sauce, topped with mashed potato then baked until golden brown, a wonderful centrepiece for Easter you can make with fresh. Our creamy fish pie is a luxurious winter dish made with cod, salmon and king prawns in a flavour-packed sauce with a cheesy breadcrumb topping. Find stacks of fish pie recipes for a family friendly, comforting meal.