Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce. The traditional Indonesian peanut sauce is made simply with peanuts, kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), chillies, shallots and lime. Not cooked, just ground together into a thick paste. The Peanut Sauce in my Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls recipe would also go great with Chicken Satay Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high heat.
Marinate chicken with lemon juice, grated garlic, grated ginger, coriander powder, salt and sweet soy sauce overnight (cover the bowl and refrigerate) Thread a few pieces of the chicken meat onto the bamboo skewers Grill the satay until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and nicely charred on each side. Add peanut butter,water and kecap manis. Let the sauce come to boil. You can have Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken breast Fillet thinly Sliced,cubed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It's 2 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- It's 4 cloves of Garlic.
- It's 1 of Canadian Shallot.
- Prepare 3 of candle nuts.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of peanut butter(I use craft).
- Prepare to taste of kecap manis(sweet soy sauce).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare as needed of skewers.
Try to taste. let the sauce cool down. In a mixing bowl, combine the mixture with the smooth peanut butter and warm water until well incorporated. If sauce is too thick, add more warm water. To serve, place cooked chicken satays on a plate and pour spicy peanut sauce over the chickens.
Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce step by step
- Pour Lime juice and salt into the chicken,put aside..
- Mince Garlic,shallot and candle nut through food processor..
- Make the sauce : Heat 2tbsp oil then add the minced garlic,minced shallot and minced candle nut. Add peanut butter,water and kecap manis. Let the sauce come to boil. Try to taste. let the sauce cool down..
- Pour a half of sauce into the chicken and leave it for minimum 30minutes or just leave it overnight in fridge..
- Put the seasoned chicken through the skewers then bake them in the oven at 400°F for about 10minutes. Take them out of the oven and flip the skewers then put them back into the oven for about 10more minutes. And it's done! enjoy the satay! ♥️😘.
Sate ayam is often served with a peanut sauce (bumbu kacang or sambal kacang), which is as popular as the dish itself. It is usually served as an appetizer or part of a larger meal, but in Indonesia it is common to see street vendors selling them as snacks. Directions: To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and fish sauce. Marinate chicken in a coconut milk-curry powder mixture and serve with this spicy peanut sauce for an easy and economical Indonesian-style grilled main dish.