Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay). Sate lilit is a satay variant in Indonesia, originating from Balinese cuisine. This satay is made from minced pork, fish, chicken, beef, or even turtle meat, which is then mixed with grated coconut, thick coconut milk, lemon juice, shallots, and pepper. The spiced minced meat is wound around bamboo, sugar cane or lemongrass sticks, it is then grilled on charcoal.
So today I want to introduce you to one of Indonesian traditional dishes called Sate Lilit Bali or Balinese Fish Satay. I think Indonesia Food is well known for its Satay, there's many kinds of satay depending upon the origins and many of them are served with a peanut sauce. Satay is popular all over the world, and people surely have their favorite type. You can have Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay)
- It's 700 gr of pangasius fillet.
- Prepare 2 of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of shallots.
- Prepare 2 of candlenut.
- You need 3 cm of ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of galangal powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of black galangal powder.
- Prepare 30 gr of dried grated coconut.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's 10 of lemongrass stems.
The first time I had satay in Asia was on a trip to Malaysia a few years ago. However this Bali Sate Lilit is the specialty of Bali Island in Indonesia, and is made a bit different than what you might expect. Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay) instructions. Put all of the ingredients in the food processor, except for the lemongrass stems.
Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay) instructions
- Put all of the ingredients in the food processor, except for the lemongrass stems. Feel the texture. It should be sticky and easy to be molded..
- Wrap the lemongrass stems with the minced fish..
- Pre heat the oven into 180 c degree. When it's heated, put the fish satay in and set the timer for 25 minutes..
- Bake the fish in the oven. You might want to flip them on the last 10 minutes..
- Smell that inviting lemongrass aroma from your oven? That means your satay lilit is done!.
- Tip for a more exotic experience: enjoy your satay lilit with "sambal matah" (chopped chilies, shallots, salt, and lemongrass powder showered in hot olive oil). This sambal is really hot! My husband would describe this exotic experience as "a kind of pain" 😉😅.
It should be sticky and easy to be molded. Wrap the lemongrass stems with the minced fish. Highlights of Indonesian Cuisine is a collaboration between Rasa Malaysia, Cooking Ecetera, and Indonesia-Eats. SATE LILIT BALI (Balinese Minced Seafood Sate) Balinese food is known to have stronger flavours and aroma due to the generous use of lemongrass, chilies, lime leaves, galangal, and other spices. Sate lilit Bali (Balinese Minced Seafood Satay) is probably one of the most popular authentic Balinese Dishes apart from Suckling Pig (Babi Guling) and Bebek Betutu.