Sate Babi - Indonesian Pork Satay. Sate Babi - Indonesian Pork Satay. Sate babi, or pork satay, is the first satay that I was introduced to. There was this one lovely lady who went door to door selling pork satay when we were young, and me and my brothers would be really happy when my grandparents bought a portion for our lunch.
Do not eat undercooked satay on a hot day…. Oh, and once on my plate, I pour over my satay babi a sauce of soy sauce, lemon juice and chili peppers. These Indonesian pork skewers, or satay babi, are served with a rich peanut sauce. You can cook Sate Babi - Indonesian Pork Satay using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sate Babi - Indonesian Pork Satay
- Prepare 250 g of pork fillet, cut into cubes.
- It's 75 ml of water.
- It's 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- It's 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 6 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal, bruised.
- You need 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaves.
- It's 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 30 gr of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Grind into a paste :.
- Prepare 6 of shallots.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It's 5 of candlenuts.
- Prepare 2 cm of turmeric.
For best results, cook them on the barbecue for that unmistakable flame-grilled flavour. / Indonesian Sate (Sate Babi and Sate Ayam Bumbu Kecap/Kacang) Indonesian Sate (Sate Babi and Sate Ayam Bumbu Kecap/Kacang). I made two versions of sate, pork and chicken. It is best to get meat with a good amount of fat in it; the fatty bits will make the sate tender and juicy.. It is the only satay recipe I will use, very close to my.
Sate Babi - Indonesian Pork Satay instructions
- Sauté the paste ingredients and galangal with little oil. Put 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, brown sugar, tamarind, 1 tsp white pepper, salt, chili power, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaf and water. Cook until the sauce becomes rather thick. Take 2 tbsp of the sauce, put into a bowl and set aside (we gonna need this for basting mixture)..
- Cut the meat into cubes, rub with the sauce and put in a bowl. Cover the bowl and marinade in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Remove the meat from the bowl and thread meat cubes onto the skewers..
- Basting Mixture : Mix 2 tbsp of marinade sauce with 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper and melted butter..
- Brush the meat with basting mixture. Grill the satay until the meat color changed, then turn the satay over. Brush again the meat with basting mixture and continue grill the satay until the meat cooked..
- Serve with warm steamed rice and sambal..
Satay (/ ˈ s ɑː t eɪ / SAH-tay, in USA also / ˈ s æ t eɪ / SA-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. Satay may consist of diced or sliced chicken, goat, mutton, beef, pork, fish, other meats, or tofu; bamboo skewers are often used, while rustic style of preparations employ skewers from the. A sticky satay sauce makes these Indonesian pork kebabs impossible to resist. You can cook them under the grill or on the barbecue. If you prefer chicken satay, try this recipe.